Welcome to City Tattoo Removal,
established in 1991 by Pulse Light Clinic Group
Pulse Light Clinic began as a specialist Rosacea clinic 16 years ago, with excellent treatment plans we became fully booked in no time, and so we branched out into many different skin care treatments, including laser tattoo removal. As Pulse Light Clinic grew a second clinic was opened in Percy Street (just off of Tottenham Court Road).
City Tattoo Removal is one of a select few clinics in the UK to use both the state-of-the-art PicoSure and PicoWay tattoo removal lasers. This has revolutionised laser tattoo removal, bringing the number of treatments required down to sometimes as little as four treatments! They are much more effective than previous lasers on recalcitrant tattoos and coloured inks as well!
Why are Picosure & PicoWay such a dramatic advance in laser tattoo removal?
- They remove tattoos in 50% fewer treatments
- Super- effective on all inks, including blues and greens
- PicoWay works well on ALL Skin types
- Clear resistant tattoos that did not respond to other tattoo removal lasers
- Save time & money because Picosure & PicoWay can remove any colour tattoo in 4-8 treatments (previous laser technology took 10-15 treatments)
- Previous lasers delivered at a speed called a nanosecond (1 thousandth of a second) whereas PicoSure and PicoWay deliver at a speed called a picosecond (1 trillionth of a second), meaning the ink disintegrates at an accelerated pace.
- Less painful treatments
- Use photomechanical energy rather than photothermal energy so less energy is fired into surrounding tissue
Our laser tattoo removal specialists treat hundreds of tattoos on a weekly basis, and are highly trained to deal with anything that comes along. Having the best lasers on the market, we know we are delivering to you the finest laser tattoo removal possible.
The PicoSure and PicoWay lasers treat all skin types safely and effectively, and with significantly less energy fired into the surrounding tissue, there is a huge reduction in possible side effects.
You can find our clinics in the heart of London, in the City, on Fenchurch Street and in Westminster, on Percy Street. With short treatment times and walk-ins welcomed, no matter where you are in London, we are convenient for you to receive your laser tattoo removal treatments.
For more information on our story, our lasers, how laser tattoo removal works, FAQ’s and the PicoSure and PicoWay lasers explore the rest of our website. If you are interested in any other skin treatments, do check out Pulse Light Clinic’s main website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
Laser tattoo removal works by using photomechanical, picosecond technology; firing laser light into the tattoo which breaks the ink up into minute particles. Your immune system recognises these now minute ink particles as foreign, and removes them using its natural detoxification processes.
Is Laser Tattoo Removal Suitable for all Skin Types
- The PicoSure laser is suitable for skin types I – IV.
- The PicoWay laser is suitable for skin types I – VI.
The benefits of using the PicoWay & PicoSure Lasers
- Removes tattoos in 60% fewer treatments
- Super effective on all ink colours
- PicoSure & PicoWay works well on ALL Skin types
- Our lasers are the fastest for tattoo clearance
- Clears resistant tattoos that did not respond to other lasers tattoo removals
- The speed of laser delivery determines the disintegration of ink particles
What occurs at a Consultation and Patch Test?
The consultation is a meeting with one of our laser tattoo removal technicians. Its purpose is to ensure that laser tattoo removal is suitable for you, to decide which laser is most suitable, give any personal advice, and recommendations for a course of treatments. Additionally, any questions that you have can be answered at this point.
The patch test is the use of the laser on a very small area of skin to ensure no adverse reactions. 48 hours following the patch test, with no adverse reactions manifesting, you are ready to begin your course of treatments.
We offer consultations and patch tests for free, and welcome walk-ins.
Does Tattoo Removal Hurt?
Other methods of tattoo removal are very painful. Most patients find laser treatment ‘not too uncomfortable’, and say it is like ‘being flicked with an elastic band’.
For patients who are very senstive to pain, a local anesthetic cream (EMLA or Ametop) may be used. Anaesthetic creams are simply applied under a dressing, 1-2 hours before the treatment by the client in order for it to be effective for the appointment. After Treatment
Very occasionally the skin reacts by producing increased pigment, however this is relatively short lived and will fade completely. This is more likely to happen in a person who tans very easily. After treatment, strong direct sunlight should be avoided and sun block is recommended (for a short while).
Tattoo Removal Aftercare?
- Stay out of the sun! This is one of the MOST important things to remember, your skin is a lot more prone to burning for at least 4 weeks after treatments. Strictly no treatment if your tanned. We will not use any laser on your tattoo if you have had recent sun exposure OR if you still hold your tan in that area even if it’s months after tanning.
- Keep it clean and dry! By reducing the exposure to liquids on your tattoo for at least 48 hours after each treatment you reduce the chance of infection and thus possibility of scaring.
- Apply a cold compress if it’s itching or uncomfortable to reduce inflammation. Reduce friction whilst healing on the tattoo especially if a scab has formed.
- Aloe Vera gel can be applied after the 48 hour period if required to sooth skin.
- BIO OIL is a must!! This needs to be applied at least once a day after the skin has finishing healing- typically 7 days after treatment.This will greatly reduce the risk of scarring if applied daily and throughout the treatment process. Massage your tattoo daily. Once fully healed –typically 7 days after treatment, (no sooner) we advise you to massage the tattoo area to stimulate blood flow, and give the lymphatic drainage system a boost.
- Wear a sun block with an SPF of 25 or higher over the area for 3 months following the treatment.
Is there a difference between the PicoSure and PicoWay?
These lasers are manufactured by different companies, but both the PicoSure and PicoWay use picosecond technology. The PicoSure laser is produced by CynoSure and the PicoWay is produced by Syneron Candela.
There are some technical differences between the two lasers, but the important difference is that the PicoWay is suitable for darker skin and the PicoSure is not. For more information on which laser is suitable for you, just ask your technician at your free consultation.
When Is Laser Tattoo Removal Not Appropriate?
- For cosmetic, (permanent make-up) tattoos, such as eyebrow or eyeliner
- During pregnancy
- When you have a suntan, or have used artificial tanning products; discontinue using these products, and avoid receiving a tan, for 6 weeks before your first treatment, and avoid until the full course of treatments is complete. Ideally your skin should be as close to its natural colour as possible.
- Some medical conditions make laser tattoo removal unsuitable, during your initial consultation you will give a medical history and then be advised accordingly.
What Makes PicoSure & PicoWay the Best for Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser tattoo removal fits generally into two categories, the older Q-Switched lasers, which used nanosecond technology, and the new PicoSure and PicoWay lasers which use picosecond technology. The basic difference between the two is the speed of energy delivery, with Q-Switched lasers running at 1000 millionths of a second, and PicoSure & PicoWay in trillionths of a second; a substantial increase in speed of energy delivery.
The faster the energy is delivered, the greater the force put on the ink; it therefore breaks up much more dramatically, into much smaller particles with picosecond technology. Additionally, Q-Switched Lasers rely on heat or thermal energy, that reach further out into the surrounding skin unnecessarily, whereas PicoSure & PicoWay deliver a more localised, more powerful, mechanical effect without affecting the surrounding tissue.
PicoSure & PicoWay are the safest, most effective tattoo removal lasers available; they successfully remove complex/multi-coloured/stubborn tattoos, and results are achieved in much less time.
How Much Does Laser Tattoo Removal Cost?
This ranges between £75 for very small tattoos, to £560 for major tattoos. When packages of three treatments are bought, you receive the fourth treatment free. Additionally, payment plans can be arranged over a 12-month period, beginning with a 20% deposit.
Find Us in London
1st Floor, 150-152 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 6BB
5 Percy Street, London, W1T 1DG