Tattoo Removal Aftercare
By City Tattoo Removal London
- Stay out of the sun! This is one of the MOST important things to remember, your skin is a lot more prone to burning for at least 4 weeks after treatments.
- Strictly no treatment if your tanned. We will not use any laser on your tattoo if you have had recent sun exposure OR if you still hold your tan in that area even if it’s months after tanning.
- Keep it clean and dry! By reducing the exposure to liquids on your tattoo for at least 48 hours after each treatment you reduce the chance of infection and thus possibility of scaring.
- Apply a cold compress if it’s itching or uncomfortable to reduce inflammation.
- Reduce friction whilst healing on the tattoo especially if a scab has formed.
- Aloe Vera gel can be applied after the 48 hour period if required to sooth skin.
- BIO OIL is a must!! This needs to be applied at least once a day after the skin has finishing healing- typically 7 days after treatment. This will greatly reduce the risk of scarring if applied daily and throughout the treatment process.
- Massage your tattoo daily. Once fully healed –typically 7 days after treatment, (no sooner) we advise you to massage the tattoo area to stimulate blood flow, and give the lymphatic drainage system a boost.
- Wear a sun block with an SPF of 25 or higher over the area for 3 months following the treatment.